Injury Guard Policy
Click here to Refer the benefit table (attached )
Life by definition is full of uncertainties and unexpected events and as much as we’d like to avoid them. We can come across accidents at any point of time in our lives. While we all like to believe that it won’ t happen to us ,the risk of injury is likely to increase with age ,And while you worry about your health you may also have an additional thing to worry about and that’s the money required for the treatment. With the Injury Guard Policy you can ensure a greater level of financial independence should any such need arise. The scope of accident insurance covered should range from simple fractures to skin burns at different levels. At Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited we understand that your needs would be unique and have therefore taken utmost care to be sensitive in addressing the same by way of providing you with four different plans/options and riders to choose from as per your individual estimated requirement.
- No Medical examination required.
- We offer lifelong renewal provided premium is paid without any break.
- Free Look Period –You have a period of 15 days from the date of receipt of the Policy document to review the terms and conditions of this Policy. If You have any objections to any of the terms and conditions, You have the option of cancelling the Policy stating the reasons for cancellation and You will be refunded the premium paid by You after adjusting the amounts spent on stamp duty charges and proportionate risk premium. You can cancel Your Policy only if You have not made any claims under the Policy. All Your rights under this Policy will immediately stand extinguished on the free look cancellation of the Policy. Free look provision is not applicable and available at the time of renewal of the Policy.
- Grace Period of 30 days for renewing the Policy is provided under this Policy. However, coverage would not be available for the period for which no premium has been received.
- Sum Insured Enhancement: Sum Insured can be enhanced only at the time of renewal. However the quantum of increase shall be as per underwriting guidelines of the company.
- Changes will be notified to the policyholders 3 months in advance in case of revision /modification in approved product.
- Option to migrate to similar Individual Personal accident policy for dependents at the specified exit age.
- Likelihood of withdrawal of the product will be notified to the policy holders 3 months prior to the expiry of the policy and option would be given to migrate to similar Individual Personal Accident Insurance policy.
What are the key benefits of Injury Guard Policy?
Injury Guard Policy provides cover for the following:
- ACCIDENTAL DEATH: Coverage for injury resulting in loss of life The loss must occur within 365 days from the date of the accident which caused Injury.
- FRACTURES / BURNS: We will pay a percentage of the Principal Sum shown in the Policy Schedule if Injury results in one of the losses shown in the Schedule of Injuries. The Injury must occur within 90 Days from the date of the Accident.
- EMERGENCY ACCIDENT MEDICAL EXPENSE Coverage for Covered Medical Expenses incurred for medical services which are not due to a Pre-existing Condition up to the maximum amount and benefit period stated in the Policy schedule for Immediate Medical Treatment of an Injury .
- HOME ALTERATION AND VEHICLE MODIFICATION BENEFIT- If an Insured Person:
- suffers one of the following Injuries listed under the Accidental Dismemberment and Paralysis Coverage Section of the Policy for which the loss is payable while this Policy is in effect; and,
- did not; prior to the date of the Accident causing such loss(es), require the use of a wheelchair to be ambulatory; and
- as a direct result of such loss(es) is now required to use a wheelchair to be ambulatory; The Company will pay Covered Home Alteration and Vehicle Modification Expenses that are incurred within one year after the date of the Accident causing such loss(es), up to the maximum amount stated in the Policy Schedule for all such losses caused by the same Accident.
- TEMPORARY TOTAL DISABILITYPays a weekly benefit amount during a period of continuous Temporary Total Disability of an Insured Person resulting from Injury after completion of the Elimination Period shown in the Policy Schedule, provided that:
- such period of disability commences within 30 Days after the date of the Accident causing such Injury; and
- such amount shall be payable as stated in the Policy Schedule, as applicable to such Insured Person; and
- the maximum period for which such amount shall be payable for any one such period of disability shall not exceed the maximum number of weeks payable as stated in the Policy Schedule and in no event to exceed <<52,104>> weeks whichever is less.
- We will not pay more than the Insured Person’s Gross Weekly Wage for the Temporary Total Disability benefit.
Click here to Refer the benefit table (attached )
Who should buy this insurance?
- Entry age for the product 18-75 yrs and 6 months-18 yrs for children with lifelong renewal facility .Coverage will be reduced by 50% from the age group 71 yrs & above.
- The policy will be issued annually.
- This policy can be issued to an individual and / or family.
- The policy covers Self, Spouse, parents (Parents of self only will be covered) and dependent Children (upto 2 Children).
- Spouse and parents will have 100% of the Principal sum insured ,children will have 50% of the principal Sum insured.
How can I buy this insurance?
You can give us your details in the “Have us call you” form and we will get in touch with you shortly.
What is not covered under Injury Guard Policy?
This entire Policy does not provide benefits for any loss resulting in whole or in part from, or expenses incurred, directly or indirectly in respect of:
- any Pre-existing Condition(s) and complications arising out of or resulting therefrom; or
- suicide, attempted suicide (whether sane or insane) or intentionally self‑inflicted Injury or Illness, or sexually transmitted conditions, mental or nervous disorder, anxiety, stress or depression, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), Human Immune deficiency Virus (HIV) infection; or
- serving in any branch of the Military or Armed Forces of any country, whether in peace or War, and in such an event We, upon written notification by You, shall return the pro rata premium for any such period of service during the circumstances described in Hazards H-1 or H-2; or
- being under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or other intoxicants or hallucinogens unless properly prescribed by a Physician and taken as prescribed; or
- participation in an actual or attempted felony, riot, crime, misdemeanor, or civil commotion; or
- operating or learning to operate any aircraft, or performing duties as a member of the crew on any aircraft; or Scheduled Airlines ;or
- War, civil War, invasion, insurrection, revolution, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether War be declared or not), rebellion, mutiny, use of military power or usurpation of government or military power; or
- ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from burning nuclear fuel; or
- the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other dangerous properties of any explosive nuclear equipment or any part of that equipment; or
- congenital anomalies or any complications or conditions arising therefrom; or
- participation in winter sports, skydiving/parachuting, hang gliding, bungee jumping, scuba diving, mountain climbing (where ropes or guides are customarily used), riding or driving in races or rallies using a motorized vehicle or bicycle, caving or pot-holing, hunting or equestrian activities, skin diving or other underwater activity, rafting or canoeing involving white water rapids, yachting or boating outside coastal waters (2 miles), participation in any Professional Sports, any bodily contact sport or any other hazardous or potentially dangerous sport for which You are untrained; or
- is caused by osteoporosis (porosity and brittleness of the bones due to loss of protein from the bones matrix) or pathological fracture (any fracture in an area where pre-existing Disease has caused the weakening of the bone) if osteoporosis or bone Disease diagnosed prior to the Policy Effective Date
- congenital anomalies and conditions arising out of or resulting therefrom; or
- confinement in a Hospital which is not Medically Necessary
For detailed list of exclusions please refer policy wordings.
How can I file a Claim?
- Call us at our 24 X 7 Toll Free number 1800 266 7780/1800 22 9966 (Only for Senior Citizens)
- Alternatively you can SMS “CLAIMS” to 5616181
Click here to know more about our Claims Service
View and Download Policy Wordings
Click here to View and Download Policy Wordings