Student Guard Plus (for Students Traveling Overseas)
You have worked so hard for that opportunity to study abroad. You need to be able to focus on your mission and not worry about any unexpected hurdles that come your way, which is why you need student travel insurance. Tata AIG presents Student Guard Plus, a student insurance policy to help you achieve your dreams. We assist you in case of health risks, accidents & loss of sponsorship when you travel abroad and also family emergencies back home.
Tata AIG Student Guard Plus is unique:
Student Guard Plus product is designed keeping in mind the student going abroad to pursue higher studies as well as the University insurance requirements for such courses.
- Choose from 3 Plan options – Plan A, Plan B and Ultimate with Accident & Sickness Reimbursement limits of $50,000, $100,000 and $250,000 respectively
- Cover includes Study Interruption, Sponsor Protection, Compassionate Visit (2-way) apart from Accident & Sickness Reimbursement and Personal Accident.
- More comprehensive cover including Maternity Benefits for Pregnancy Termination, Cover for Mental and Nervous Disorders, Cancer Screening and Mammography.
- Unique Global Security Service by Red24 providing advice on personal risks across all plans.
- Relocation Support Program for the 365 day (including Americas) plan option.
What are the key features of Tata AIG Student Guard Plus?
The following unique benefits of Student Guard Plus allow you to study worry free:
- Study Interruption: We'll reimburse tuition fee paid in advance for the current semester if your studies are interrupted due to medical or compassionate reasons.
- Sponsor Protection: In case of death or permanent disablement of your sponsor, we'll reimburse your remaining school fees up to a specified maximum limit.
- Accident Medical Expenses: On accidental injury, we'll reimburse your actual hospitalisation cost or outpatient treatment incurred overseas, up to a specified maximum limit.
- Compassionate Visit (2-Way): If you are hospitalised for more than seven consecutive days, we'll cover the cost of the round trip economy class air ticket and accommodation expenses so an immediate family member can be with you.
- Visit by student: In case of death or hospitalisation of parent (s) / spouse / child (ren), you need to visit for a duration more than seven consecutive days, we'll cover the cost of the round trip economy class air ticket.
- Personal Accident: Student Guard gives you worldwide coverage against Accidental Death and Dismemberment while you're abroad anywhere in the world.
- Maternity Benefits for Termination of Pregnancy: Medical expenses related to termination of pregnancy are covered subject to maximum limits provided in the schedule of benefits, subject to a waiting period of ten months, from the effective date of policy.
- Mental & Nervous Disorders: Medical expenses related to treatment for mental and nervous disorders on recommendation of a physician, including alcoholism and drug dependency are covered in the schedule of benefits.
- Cancer Screening and Mammography: Medical expenses related to cancer screening and Mammography examination on recommendation from a physician are covered subject to the maximum limits provided as per the schedule of benefits.
- Red 24 Service: Red 24 is a unique global security service providing advice to help individuals avoid and manage personal risks for themselves and their families. They are more of an advanced information bureau, who pro actively advice customers about potential risks in and around the country.
- 24 hrs. Worldwide Emergency Assistance Service
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Repatriation of remains
- Felonious assault.
Our Round the Clock Assistance
The Assistance Services include Medical Assistance and Non Medical Assistance:
Non Medical Assistance includes:
- Pre-departure services: Information about foreign locations, passport / visa requirements, immunization requirements etc
- Embassy referral services
- Claims procedures Information services
- Lost Luggage or Lost Passport: If You, outside India, notify the Assistance Company that Your luggage or passport has been lost, the Assistance Company will endeavor to assist You by contacting the appropriate authorities involved and providing direction for replacement.
- General Assistance: The Assistance Company will serve as a central point for translation and communication for You during emergencies. The Assistance Company agrees to provide to You advice on contacting and using services available from consulates, government agencies, translators and other service providers that can help with travel problems. In addition, the Assistance Company will provide insurance coordination, verifying coverage of You, guaranteeing payment to the medical provider, based on confirmation of benefits, a charge to credit card(s) and coordinating the payments, documentation and translation to ease claim filing when You return to India.
- Pre-Departure Services: Prior to Your departure, upon request the Assistance Company will provide hazard information about foreign locations, information about immunization requirements and passport or visa requirements, general information about weather and State Department and private service warnings about travel to certain locations. The Assistance Company will also arrange for special medical care en-route (i.e. dialysis, wheelchairs, etc.). Subject to receiving reasonable notice of this request.
- Emergency Travel Agency: The Assistance Company agrees to provide You with 24 hour travel agency service for airline and hotel reservations. The Assistance Company will also arrange payment for Your airline tickets and other travel services, using Your credit cards. Prepaid ticket pickup at airline counters or ticket delivery by mail or courier will also be arranged by the Assistance Company for You.
- Emergency Cash Transfers and Advances: The Assistance Company will arrange for cash payments, to You, through a variety of sources, including credit cards, hotels, banks, consulates and Western Union. The Assistance Company provides this service to supplement the facilities of Your credit cards. Credit card transactions performed by the Assistance Company are subject to confirmed credit.
- Legal Assistance: If You are arrested or are in danger of being arrested as the result of any non-criminal action resulting from responsibilities attributed to You, Assistance Company will, if required, provide You with the name of an attorney who can represent You in any necessary legal matters.
Medical Assistance Services
- Medical services provider referral.
- Arrangement of Hospital admissions.
- Monitoring of Medical Condition during Hospitalization.
- Medical Assistance: As soon as the Assistance Company is notified of a medical emergency resulting from Your Accident or Sickness, the Assistance Company will contact the medical facility or location where You are located and confer with the Physician at that location to determine the best course of action to be taken. If possible and if appropriate, Your family Physician will be contacted to help arrive at a decision as to the best course of action to be taken. The Assistance Company will then organize a response to the medical emergency, doing whatever is appropriate, including, but not limited to, recommending or securing the availability of services of a local Physician and arranging Hospital confinement of You where, in its discretion, deems such confinement appropriate.
- Medical Evacuation: When, in the opinion of the Assistance Company's medical panel, it is judged medically appropriate to move You to another location for treatment or return You to India, the Assistance Company will arrange the evacuation, utilizing the means best suited to do so, based on the medical evaluation of the seriousness of Your condition, and these means may include air ambulance, surface ambulance, regular airplane, railroad or other appropriate means. All decisions as to the means of transportation and final destination will be made by the Assistance Company.
- Repatriation: The Assistance Company agrees to make the necessary arrangements for the return of Your remains to India in the event You die while this policy is in effect as to You.
Who is this insurance suitable for?
- Any individual, between sixteen (16) and thirty-five (35) years of age, enroll and attending a full-time registered educational institution of higher learning, outside Republic of India.
- The insured person can only be covered under one such policy for the period.
What is not covered under Student Guard Plus?
You are not covered if any expenses incurred directly or indirectly in respect of: Traveling against the advice of the physician; for obtaining treatment; pre-existing ailments & complications arising out of them; Suicide or attempted suicide; war; terrorism; illegal acts; dangerous sports etc.
How can I register a Claim?
- Call us at our Toll Free No 1800 266 7780
- You may also call at these local helpline numbers in your respective cities from any other line: Mumbai - 66939500 ; Delhi - 66603500 ; Bangalore - 66500001 ; Pune - 66014156 ; Chennai - 66841050 ; Hyderabad - 66629882 ; Ahmedabad - 66610201
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Worldwide Assistance Contact:For Rest of the world policies excluding the Americas:
- Call:+603-8991-2012 or +603-8991-2014 (Toll Worldwide)
- Email (assistance): TGAP.TATAmedical@travelguard.com
- Please Call:+1-866-866-2619 (Toll Free within US & Canada) +1-817-826-7017(Reverse Charge/Collect from other places)
- Email: email@example.com
View and Download KFD Document
Click here to View and Download KFD Document
View and Download Policy Wordings
Click here to View and Download Policy Wordings
Call us on our 24x7 Toll Free helpline 1800-266-7780
SMS `TAG` to 5616181