Tata AIG Student Guard Plus is unique:
Student Guard Plus product is designed keeping in mind the student going abroad to pursue higher studies as well as the University insurance requirements for such courses.
- Choose from 3 Plan options – Plan A, Plan B and Ultimate with Accident & Sickness Reimbursement limits of $50,000, $100,000 and $250,000 respectively
- Cover includes Study Interruption, Sponsor Protection, Compassionate Visit (2-way) apart from Accident & Sickness Reimbursement and Personal Accident.
- More comprehensive cover including Maternity Benefits for Pregnancy Termination, Cover for Mental and Nervous Disorders, Cancer Screening and Mammography.
- Unique Global Security Service by Red24 providing advice on personal risks across all plans.
- Relocation Support Program for the 365 day (including Americas) plan option.
- 15 days Free Look period (For the new business-annual multi trip only)
- 30 days Grace Period (For renewals-annual multi trip only)
- Sum Insured Enhancement – Sum Insured can be enhanced only at the time of renewal. However the quantum of increase shall be as per underwriting guidelines of the company.(For Renewals under annual trip policy only)
- Changes will be notified to the policyholders 3 months in advance in case of revision /modification in approved product (Applicable for Annual trip Policyholders).
- Likelihood of withdrawal of the product will be notified to the policy holders 3 months prior to the expiry of the policy and would be given to migrate to similar travel insurance policy
Student Guard Plus (for Students Traveling Overseas)
You have worked so hard for that opportunity to study abroad. You need to be able to focus on your mission and not worry about any unexpected hurdles that come your way, which is why you need student travel insurance. Tata AIG presents Student Guard Plus, a student insurance policy to help you achieve your dreams. We assist you in case of health risks, accidents & loss of sponsorship when you travel abroad and also family emergencies back home.
What are the key features of Tata AIG Student Guard Plus?
The following unique benefits of Student Guard Plus allow you to study worry free:
- Study Interruption: Provides reimbursement of un used tuition fees if Insured suffers any of the following condition and is not able to continue his/her studies for the remaining part of a school semester for which Tuition has been paid, if –
insured is hospitalized for more than one consecutive month for covered Injury / sickness or
- in case of terminal illness or
- in case medical repatriation or
- in case of death of immediate family member
- Sponsor Protection: In case of death or permanent disablement of your sponsor, we'll reimburse your Tuition Fee incurred for the remaining period of this education upto specified maximum limit.
- Accident & Sickness Medical Expenses: Provides coverage for medical expenses incurred towards the treatment due to accidental injuries / sickness, up to a specified maximum limit
- Compassionate Visit (2-Way):
- Visit by Immediate Family Member: If you are hospitalised for more than seven consecutive days, we'll cover the cost of the round trip economy class air ticket and accommodation expenses so an immediate family member can be with you at your bedside.
- Visit by student:In case of death or hospitalisation of your parent (s) /spouse / child(ren) for more than Seven (7) consecutive days, we'll cover the cost of the round trip economy class air ticket if your are required to visit your home country
- Personal Accident: Student Guard gives you worldwide coverage against Accidental Death and Dismemberment while you're abroad anywhere in the world.
- Maternity Benefits for Termination of Pregnancy: Medical expenses related to termination of pregnancy are covered subject to maximum limits provided in the schedule of benefits, subject to a waiting period of ten months, from the effective date of policy.
- Mental & Nervous Disorders: Medical expenses related to treatment for mental and nervous disorders on recommendation of a physician, including alcoholism and drug dependency are covered in the schedule of benefits.
- Cancer Screening and Mammography: Medical expenses related to cancer screening and Mammography examination on recommendation from a physician are covered subject to the maximum limits provided as per the schedule of benefits.
- Red 24 Service: Red 24 is a unique global security service providing advice to help individuals avoid and manage personal risks for themselves and their families. They are more of an advanced information bureau, who pro actively advice customers about potential risks in and around the country.
- 24 hrs. Worldwide Emergency Assistance Service
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Repatriation of remains
- Felonious assault.
NOTE - An insured person cannot claim under Study interruption, Sponsor Protection for the same event.
Our Round the Clock Assistance
The Assistance Services include Medical Assistance and Non Medical Assistance:
Non Medical Assistance includes:
- Pre-departure services: Information about foreign locations, passport / visa requirements, immunization requirements etc
- Lost Luggage or Lost Passport: If You, outside India, notify the Assistance Company that Your luggage or passport has been lost, the Assistance Company will endeavor to assist You by contacting the appropriate authorities involved and providing direction for replacement.
- General Assistance: The Assistance Company will serve as a central point for translation and communication for You during emergencies. The Assistance Company agrees to provide to You advice on contacting and using services available from consulates, government agencies, translators and other service providers that can help with travel problems. In addition, the Assistance Company will provide insurance coordination, verifying coverage of You, guaranteeing payment to the medical provider, based on confirmation of benefits, a charge to credit card(s) and coordinating the payments, documentation and translation to ease claim filing when You return to India.
- Pre-Departure Services: Prior to Your departure, upon request the Assistance Company will provide hazard information about foreign locations, information about immunization requirements and passport or visa requirements, general information about weather and State Department and private service warnings about travel to certain locations. The Assistance Company will also arrange for special medical care en-route (i.e. dialysis, wheelchairs, etc.). Subject to receiving reasonable notice of this request.
- Emergency Travel Agency: The Assistance Company agrees to provide You with 24 hour travel agency service for airline and hotel reservations. The Assistance Company will also arrange payment for Your airline tickets and other travel services, using Your credit cards. Prepaid ticket pickup at airline counters or ticket delivery by mail or courier will also be arranged by the Assistance Company for You.
- Emergency Cash Transfers and Advances: The Assistance Company will arrange for cash payments, to You, through a variety of sources, including credit cards, hotels, banks, consulates and Western Union. The Assistance Company provides this service to supplement the facilities of Your credit cards. Credit card transactions performed by the Assistance Company are subject to confirmed credit.
- Legal Assistance: If You are arrested or are in danger of being arrested as the result of any non-criminal action resulting from responsibilities attributed to You, Assistance Company will, if required, provide You with the name of an attorney who can represent You in any necessary legal matters.
Medical Assistance Services
- Medical services provider referral.
- Arrangement of Hospital admissions.
- Monitoring of Medical Condition during Hospitalization.
- Medical Assistance: As soon as the Assistance Company is notified of a medical emergency resulting from Your Accident or Sickness, the Assistance Company will contact the medical facility or location where You are located and confer with the Physician at that location to determine the best course of action to be taken. If possible and if appropriate, Your family Physician will be contacted to help arrive at a decision as to the best course of action to be taken. The Assistance Company will then organize a response to the medical emergency, doing whatever is appropriate, including, but not limited to, recommending or securing the availability of services of a local Physician and arranging Hospital confinement of You where, in its discretion, deems such confinement appropriate.
- Medical Evacuation: When, in the opinion of the Assistance Company's medical panel, it is judged medically appropriate to move You to another location for treatment or return You to India, the Assistance Company will arrange the evacuation, utilizing the means best suited to do so, based on the medical evaluation of the seriousness of Your condition, and these means may include air ambulance, surface ambulance, regular airplane, railroad or other appropriate means. All decisions as to the means of transportation and final destination will be made by the Assistance Company.
- Repatriation: The Assistance Company agrees to make the necessary arrangements for the return of Your remains to India in the event You die while this policy is in effect as to You.
Who is this insurance suitable for?
- Any individual, between sixteen (16) and thirty-five (35) years of age, enroll and attending a full-time registered educational institution of higher learning, outside Republic of India.
- The insured person can only be covered under one such policy for the period.
What is not covered under Student Guard Plus?
This entire Policy does not provide benefits for any loss resulting in whole or in part from, or expenses incurred, directly or indirectly in respect of:
- where the Insured Person is travelling against the advice of a Physician; or receiving or on a waiting list for receiving specified medical treatment; or is travelling for the purpose of obtaining treatment; or has received a terminal prognosis for a medical condition; or
- any Pre-existing Condition or any complication arising there from it; or
- suicide, attempted suicide (whether sane or insane) or intentionally self‑inflicted Injury or Illness, or sexually transmitted conditions, mental or nervous disorder, anxiety, stress or depression, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), Human Immune deficiency Virus (HIV) infection; or
- serving in any branch of the Military or Armed Forces of any country, whether in peace or War, and in such an event We, upon written notification by You, shall return the pro rata premium for any such period of service under the circumstances described in a Hazard ; or
- being under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or other intoxicants or hallucinogens unless properly prescribed by a Physician and taken as prescribed; or
- participation in an actual or attempted felony, riot, crime, misdemeanor, or civil commotion; or
- operating or learning to operate any aircraft, or performing duties as a member of the crew on any aircraft; or
- any loss arising out of War, civil war, invasion, insurrection, revolution, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether War be declared or not), rebellion, mutiny, use of military power or usurpation of government or military power; or
- ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from burning nuclear fuel; or
- the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other dangerous properties of any explosive nuclear equipment or any part of that equipment; or
- self exposure to needless peril (except in an attempt to save human life); or
- congenital anomalies or any complications or conditions arising therefrom; or
- participation in winter sports, skydiving/parachuting, hang gliding, bungee jumping, scuba diving, mountain climbing (where ropes or guides are customarily used), riding or driving in races or rallies using a motorized vehicle or bicycle, caving or pot-holing, hunting or equestrian activities, skin diving or other underwater activity, rafting or canoeing involving white water rapids, yachting or boating outside coastal waters (2 miles), participation in any Professional Sports, any bodily contact sport or any other hazardous or potentially dangerous sport for which You are untrained. This exclusion does not apply to injuries resulting from inter collegiate sports.
- the Insured Person riding on a motorcycle or any other motorized two wheeled mode of conveyance as driver or as passenger.
- any loss resulting directly or indirectly, contributed or aggravated or prolonged by childbirth or from pregnancy, or
- for any loss of which a contributing cause was Your actual or attempted commission of, or willful participation in, an illegal act or any violation or attempted violation of the law or Your resistance to arrest;
- any loss, injury, damage or legal liability arising directly or indirectly from: Travel in, to, or through Afghanistan, Cuba or Democratic Republic of Congo; or
- any loss, injury, damage or legal sustained directly or indirectly by: Any terrorist or member of a terrorist organization, narcotics trafficker, or purveyor of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons.
- Any non medical expenses
How can I register a Claim?
- Call us at our Toll Free No 1800 266 7780 / 1800 22 9966 (Only for Senior Citizens)
- You may also call at these local helpline numbers in your respective cities from any other line: Mumbai - 66939500 ; Delhi - 66603500 ; Bangalore - 66500001 ; Pune - 66014156 ; Chennai - 66841050 ; Hyderabad - 66629882 ; Ahmedabad - 66610201
- Email: email@example.com
Worldwide Assistance Contact:For Rest of the world policies excluding the Americas:
- Call:+603-8991-2012 or +603-8991-2014 (Toll Worldwide)
- Email (assistance): TGAP.TATAmedical@travelguard.com
- Please Call:+1-866-866-2619 (Toll Free within US & Canada) +1-817-826-7017(Reverse Charge/Collect from other places)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us on our 24x7 Toll Free helpline 1800-266-7780
SMS `TAG` to 5616181